Friday, July 10, 2009

How Many Teaspoons Is One Tablespoon?


When I started cooking I could not cook without a recipe. I needed a book of instructions to get me going, and like a diesel engine once I got going I was ok.

But there was always a hitch when I was dependent on recipe books. One of those hitches was the recipes used measuring tools that may not be part of an incomplete kitchen.

This usually stalled my venture into cooking, and I would end up calling for delivery instead. Not anymore, not with this easy to use measuring guide for spoons and cups.

A short note on abbreviations:
tsp = teaspoon
tbsp = tablespoon
Tsp = tablespoon
ml = milliliter

A simple measuring guide:
1 teaspoon = ¼ tsp + ¼ tsp + ¼ tsp + ¼ tsp
1 teaspoon = ½ tsp + ½ tsp
½ teaspoon = ¼ tsp + ¼ tsp

1 tablespoon = 1 tsp + 1 tsp + 1 tsp

¼ cup = 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp

1 cup = ¼ cup + ¼ cup + ¼ cup + ¼ cup
1 cup = 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup
1 cup = ½ cup + ½ cup

1 cup = 16 tablespoons
1 cup = 8 ounces
1 pint = 2 cups
1 quart = 2 pints

250 ml. = 1 cup
1 liter = 4 cups


This list should grow as our recipe list grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment